Vintage Tray - Decoupage on MDF

by - June 23, 2018

Today I am going to share a Decoupage project with you. I made a bright green tray using Folkart's acrylic paints. It is a MDF tray.

I first gave a base coat of red color. Then I rubbed some wax candle on some places so that the top coat comes off easily when I scrub it with sand paper. I gave a top coat of white chalk paint. Distressed using a sand paper.

Once I am happy with the look, I decoupage the tissue paper design.
I used apple green color for stenciling the whole tray surface. Painted polka dots on the borders of the tray.

Painted copper color on the edge of the tray and distressed again. Finally to add some interest I twirled one matching twine on the handles.

Finally, a good coat of Liquitex varnish gives a beautiful shine to the tray. And you are done!!








You May Also Like

0 comments