Glass Vase - Upcycled Decoupage

by - March 01, 2019

Hello my crafty friends I am back with a glass vase which I have upcycled using decoupage technique. This was an old jug. I removed the handle and washed it nicely.
Once dry gave it two layers of white gesso. A layer of acrylic paint camel Titanium white.
Tear the motifs from the rice paper you want to use. 
Since the body of the vase is conical, tear small pieces of the motif to avoid wrinkles. Using Mod Podge glue down the motifs. Once everything is dry seal everything using Mod Podge. Using white and light pink acrylic color give some shading on the blank areas, top and the bottom of the vase.
 Stencil some pattern using yellow and green acrylics. Put everything together using script stamp. Use permanent Archival inks for stamping. Give 2 coats of varnish. To complete tie twine on the neck of the bottle with heart wood veneer.

Hope you like my upcycled Decoupage project. Thanks for stopping by :)

You May Also Like

0 comments