Mixed Media Junk MDF Tissue box using Acrylic Paints and Perfect Pearls

by - July 10, 2017

Hello my crafty friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Today I am back with another MDF Junk Tissue box holder…
For my Box, I first primer the whole box using white Gesso. Then I did some stenciling using 'art basics 3D matte gel transparent'. I used stencil 'Bubbles' and 'Art is'. I guess you know by now that 'Art is' is favorite stencil :)
Once completely dry, I glued my embellishments-Junk old jewelry pieces, laces, buttons, rings etc on the box using the same gel medium. Prepared all my embellishments using white Gesso. Once dry I painted the whole box including embellishments using FolkArt 2241E Apple Orchard acrylic paint.
Spray Lindy's starbust 'Mad Water Mint' spray all over the box. To give the project some vintage look, I did some shading using Hero Arts Brown color liquid dauber. To give more color variation, I spray 227E bright green acrylic paint Using an old tooth brush and lots of water. I hope you can see the small dark green dots all over the box!
To get the metallic shine, I first sprayed good amount of water on the box through my mini mister and through perfect pearls brush, I rubbed Turquoise perfect pearl generously. This process helped me to fix the perfect pearl on to box without coming off and a very good color contrast of green and blue.

 I glued the lace on top of the box. Colored Prima flowers using same Lindy's mint color spray and glued them on top for some extra interest.
 Lastly using Sunflower Sparkle Perfect pearl I did high lighting on the embellishments. Finally a coat of ranger's matte finish medium to seal the project. whoa!!! all done !!
 I am simply in love with these projects. Thanks for stopping by.

You May Also Like

0 comments