Mixed Media Junk Vintage Tissue Box

by - July 01, 2017

Are you ready for a totally different type of project today? Let’s create a mixed media junk tissue box!
I am totally in love with mixed media. The art of changing any object into a totally different form! Love Love Love !! :) 
 First, primer the whole box using 'white Gesso'. Then give texture to the box using 'Finnabair 3D matte gel transparent' over 'Mini Time travel' and 'mini art is' stencil . Then I took good amount of time in arranging my broken jewelry pieces, lace, ribbons on the box. Once you are satisfied with the positioning of the embellishments glue them using gel medium.
 Once dry, again apply a thin coat of gesso on all the embellishments and embossing. Using 'Folkart Calypso sky matte finish acrylic paint'  paint a thin coat on the whole box. Spray Lindy's stardust Mad Matter mint over and under the embellishments. Move the box slightly so that the paint can move in the intricate designs of the box. You can use your fingers to rub the paint. Use heat gun to dry the paint. To give some more colour interest I used 'medium grey' acrylic paint through my broad silicon brush and painted here and there.
Once every thing is dry, its time to highlight the embellishments. Since I don't have waxes as of now, I wanted to try my old friend Perfect Pearls for this purpose. I took some water and Turquoise perfect pearl on my palette and covered the whole box. This gave my box a metallic finish. Then I took some water and Sunflower perfect pearl on my palm, and gently rub this mixture on all the embellishments. This will gave a good dimension to your project. I rubbed Blush perfect pearl also over the script embossing.
Use Vintage Distress collage medium to give the project a worn / old look. Lastly Glue a thin lace over the top opening to give a neat look. 


Thanks !

You May Also Like

1 comments