Pop-Up Card

by - July 04, 2014

Hi Friends,

I am very happy today as I made to Top 3 @ Lulupu Challenge #33. Ye Ye !! :) :)

I created a Pop-Up Card whose inspiration is hoot - 2 Pop-Up Cards tutorial. I tried to replicate that card, here is the outcome ..

I used 5X5 inches light brown color card stock for this card. The sentiment is hand written and then fuzzy cut.

 Vintage brown distress ink is used on all the borders of the card to hide white edges.

When card is opened, a Bird is sitting on a branch. To make that branch, I used the same pattern paper that I created for tree trunk.  Then did some shading on the leaves using green marker
Branch and leaves are then fuzzy cut out.
The PP pasted inside of the card are then trimmed out little shorter then the edge, using the scallop scissor and then pasted on the opposite sides.


To make this card, I created 4 pattern papers myself:
1. Leaves pasted on the front page, are hand drawn using white gel pen on green color card stock.
2. To give the look of a tree trunk, I heat embossed clear embossing powder on dark brown color card stock using stem stamp from 'Autumn Crisp - Clear Acrylic Stamp - Pine' .
3. PP pasted on the left side of the interior of the card, is made through layered stamping technique.
On a water color paper, I used Desert Brown Momento ink on a bubble wrap. After this, I stamped bug on it from Lawn Fawn's 'On the Mend' stamp kit and colored it using Grey color Momento Ink.
4. To make the PP pasted on the right side of the card, again I did layered stamping using the stamps from Autumn Crisp - Clear Acrylic Stamp - Pine.
This is not a background stamp, but I used this stamp excessively to made these backgrounds.


Video of the finished card


I am entering this card in the below competitions :

CSCC #5Pop Up Cards :
Here you have what looks like a tree with a Bird poking through from its little hole saying Hi.

Lulupu Challenge # 34 - Bingo! :
My card satisfies top most across line. Bird peeping out is Die Cut. The Location pin symbol is from Wood Veeners. The trunk of the tree is heat embossed.



You May Also Like

18 comments

  1. Lovely card, Deepti!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Lulupu Bingo challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Vidya for the beautiful comment :) :)

      Delete
  3. This is super fun! Love the pop up of the bird, great design :) Thank you for sharing with CSCC !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepti for the encouraging words :) :) I am so glad

      Delete
  4. Wow! this is really cool.. :)
    Thank you so much for joining the fun CSCC #5. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepti. I am so glad that you liked it :) :)

      Delete
    2. Hey! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Lulupu Bingo Challenge. Good luck.. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! What an unusual and amazing card, Dipti. The fact that the pattern paper is handmade and the way you have created that beautiful tree on the front of the card is simply' WOW". Love the pop-up too!

    Thank you so much for playing along Lulupu # 34 and Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card Dipti!
    Thank you for joining us at Lulupu Bingo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Hussena and Jaya for the encouraging words :) These really means a lot :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card ..love the bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun............super cute. TFS at CSCC#5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Tanvi :) I am glad that you like my Card :)

      Delete