Mixed Media Upcycled Cereal Box

by - November 03, 2016


Hi Friends,

I wanted to try my hands on some mixed media project, so I used an empty cereal box as canvas and .. here I go ..

 

I cut the top part of the box through scissors. Coated 2-3 layers of gesso and some diluted cheap texture paint to hide the brand name/details printed on the box.
I Spray painted on all the sides through Lindy's stamp gang Starlust colour.

 Used acrylic brown color on Time Travel stencil through a Ranger's ink blending sponge on all over the box. through this I got a masculine look.

On the centre of the dials I dabbed hero Arts Neon green colour to highlight the clock's dial a bit more.

Used hero Arts dauber Cup O'Joe (Brown Color) on all the edges of the box to highlight them and give dimension.
 

 
Pasted few motivational stickers on both the sides of the box. I had few food stickers in my stash, so used those as well. 

 
I then applied a thin layer of Tim Holtz's Vintage medium to give the box antique look. Through a brown marker I did some shading on the edges of all the stickers , to bring them to life!


Finally punched holes and used green ribbon for handles ... Whoa >>
I hope you like the box and a small tutorial .. Thank you for stopping by ...
 
 

 

 

You May Also Like

0 comments